TALLAHASSEE, Fla. — Florida State football had four players selected in the 2021 NFL Draft, which concluded Saturday. Defensive back Asante Samuel, Jr., was taken in the second round, 47th overall, by the Los Angeles Chargers. Defensive ends Janarius Robinson and Joshua Kaindoh were both fourth-round picks, 134th overall to Minnesota and 144th overall to Kansas City, respectively, and defensive back Hamsah Nasirildeen was selected in the sixth round, 186th overall, by the New York Jets.
2021 NFL Draft Notes
- Florida State has produced 292 draft picks all-time
- At least one Seminole has been selected in 38 straight drafts, a streak that dates back to 1984 and is the 8th-longest active streak in the nation
- Florida State has produced 47 draft picks since 2013, the 6th-highest total in the nation
- Each player drafted in 2021 was selected by a team that already had at least one former Seminole on its active roster
- Florida State had multiple defensive backs taken in the same draft for the 13th time in program history, most among all ACC schools
- 34 FSU defensive backs have been selected in the last 34 NFL Drafts. 48 defensive backs have been drafted all-time, including 19 in the first two rounds
- Florida State had multiple defensive linemen picked in the same draft for the 13th time in program history, all since 1990. No other ACC program has more than eight years with multiple defensive linemen selected since 1990, and the 13 times overall ranks 2nd all-time among ACC schools
- The Seminoles have had 53 defensive linemen drafted all-time, including 34 in the first four rounds
- The 2021 NFL Draft was the 11th time at least four defensive players from Florida State were selected in the same year and the seventh occurrence since 2001
- Florida State holds the ACC record for most draft picks in a single year with 11 in 2013 and 2015
- The Seminoles’ 44 first-round picks since 1973 rank 6th nationally, and FSU’s 24 first-rounders since 2010 are tied for 6th in the country
You can read this article at its original location here.