The dust has settled and the NCAA has crowned its champions for the NCAAM’s and NCAAW’s Tourneys, respectively.
Though most of the men’s brackets were dramatically busted long before the Final Four games even took place.
To give a quick recap here is the breakdown on how the prizes are dished out for our tourney challenge this year:
- Like 2021 there was a challenge for both the Men’s and Women’s tournaments
- The individual winning bracket for each challenge will have the option of claiming the locker room t-shirt of the winning team from that bracket or a custom designed Free Sports Press tournament challenge shirt
- The top scoring contestant (combined score of all brackets entered in both tournaments) will win both locker room t-shirts or a custom designed Free Sports Press tournament challenge shirt and a $25 prize (sent via PayPal)
- Finally, if you are the “Ultimate Top Contestant” and win both brackets as well as being the “Top Scoring Contestant” you will win the grand prize: the locker room t-shirt of both men’s/women’s tournaments, a custom designed Free Sports Press tournament challenge shirt, and a $50 prize (sent via PayPal)
The winner of the Women’s Tourney bracket was a tight race between the brackets of “ntmdtr1 2” and our own “Free Sports Press #3”. ntmdtr1 took a 90pt lead after the Elite 8 and maintained that edge the remainder of the tournament which included picking South Carolina to win it all.
On the flip side the men’s bracket was technically decided after the conclusion of the Final Four with no brackets remaining in tact when that dust settled. The bracket “zcr00 2” held off a tight Round of 32 portion and retained their 40pt lead over the “@ryan_peoples3” bracket for the remainder of the tournament. And we’re sad to admit that we had a complete bust in our men’s bracket because we forgot to actually get our picks in before the games locked. So we put up a big, fat goose egg!
No one will win the “Ultimate” prize since no single contestant had a bracket that won both tournaments.
Here are the final standings which show the true value of submitting the maximum number of brackets (5) for each challenge. Through a wonderful miracle we are the the top scoring entry when adding up the totals of all brackets in both challenges.
- Free Sports Press — 4,240pts
- ntmdtr1 — 3,430pts
- zcr00 — 2,870pts
- C HURLS — 500pts
- Hawk#99 — 430pts
- clifton7300 — 250pts
We’d like to thank all who participated in this year’s Tourney Challenges, and a big congrats to zcr00 and ntmdtr1 on winning their respective tourney challenges . Please contact us so we can work with you on claiming your prize.